Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

{What's Cookin'?} Oven Roasted Tomatoes

We've got a vegetable jungle garden that looks like this...
 This is the first year we've ever had a garden worth mentioning. Most years have yielded little to no fruit but oh my this year...we've got tomatoes coming out of our ears! I attribute that to Nick's hard work preping the soil this year. He tilled in a truck load of good strong chicken manure and everything has taken off. In fact, we've got close to ten pumpkin vines that sprung up all over the yard...and we didn't plant a single seed. Accidental gardening, I'm all about that.

But Like I said, tomatoes coming out of our ears. Every couple of days we end up with this...
a colander FULL of garden deliciousness! We eat them in salads, as salsa and straight off the vines. We cook 'em and give 'em away. Today I turned my harvest into these beauties...

delicious, oven-dried tomatoes. I saw the directions a year ago here and they really are Slow Roasted Tomatoes of Perfection and Deliciousness. If you've got an abundance of this sweet summer fruit I highly recommend giving this a try. They are so simple and simply delicious!

And then they became a part of this...
a yummy BLT inspired salad. Check back in a day or two for the recipe!
Do you have an abundance of tomatoes this year? What are some delicious ways you serve them up? I'd love some great ideas and recipes!

In Him,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment