Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Welcome to the Homemade Oasis

The most daunting thing about starting a blog is writing that first post. Do I just jump in with "10 Tips for Traveling with Tots?" No, not yet. Certainly it can't be something as mundane as "How to Clean Your Refrigerator Coils." After much debate (and scratching my head about who has time to clean their refrigerator coils) I've decided to go with a quick family show and tell. So, with out further ado, here are the Joneses!

I call him Handsome, because, well, he is!
 First things first...my dear husband, AKA Handsome. He's the love of my life and my BFF. He's got patients in spades and the longest fuse ever. God knew what he was doing when he put brought us together, because I sure test that patients daily. God bless this man!

A SoCal boy born and raised, a middle child of four. He atended Cal poly San Luis Obispo, studied Landscape Architecture, fell in love with Christ, met his future wife and discovered the beautity that is Nothern California.

He blesses his family by working hard as a construction project manager at a local university, makes his commute on bike and still has the energy to love on his wife and girls at the end of the day. Love him!

When it's a good picture of you, you just don't worry about what the kid is doing
 Oh, and then there's me! I was born and raised a NorCal girl, the oldest of four. I do not posses patients in spades or a very long fuse but God's grace covers it all and He is growing me day by day.

I fell in love with the Lord in high school and swam my way to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo on an athletic scholarship. There I got a teaching credential, was blessed with incredible friendships that grew my faith immensely and met my future husband (go figure.)

I taught elementary school (3rd and 5th grades) for four years before being blessed by my husband with the gift of staying home to raise our babies.  I spend my days at home and, while I know I am blessed to do so, I wouldn't be honest if I told you I love every minute of it. It's hard work friends, but it is good.

This girl's got spunk!
And here is our first born. Our spunky, spirited, strong willed first born. A mover and shaker from the womb, this girl has never been one to cuddle much but her high spirited antics and fancy dance moves keep us all in stitches. She is simply the sweetest thing you'll ever meet. She loves milk, ketchup, books and rocks.
Oh those big, blue eyes!
Our littlest treasure came along just sixteen months after her big sister. This sweetie pie is the most easy going girl ever. We're talking sleeping through the night by 2 months old and waiting patiently each morning for mommy to come get me and feed me easy. No tears, no fuss. Her job is big smiles and lots of loud talking as of late. She's kissable, she's cuddle-able (not a word by the way, but totally should be). She loves milk, her thumb and her giraffe Sophie.

Thanks for stopping by friend!

In Him,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim!

    I just finished reading (almost) all of your blog in reverse. I enjoyed it so much! You had me laughing, thinking and smiling. Hope the posts keep coming. We really miss you all. Hopefully we'll be able to take you up on your offer this year and come visit you in Oregon. Take care!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete